Join 3Shape as Patent Engineer!
Are you ready to join an entrepreneurial success story? Do you see yourself excelling in a cross-functional role that brings product development and Intellectual property (IP) closer? Are you passionate about shaping the future of digital dentistry and improving patient care? Look no further - we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are seeking a curious and technically qualified individual to join our Legal, IP & Sustainability team as our new Patent Engineer.
3Shape is a global leader in digitizing dental treatments and specializes in developing cutting edge 3D scanners and CAD/CAM software solutions that benefit both patients and dentists alike. Now, you have an opportunity to work in the center of Copenhagen and join a diverse workforce of over 2000+ employees spanning 40+ nationalities.
In this position, you will utilize your interpersonal skills and flair for technology. By building a bridge between IP, R&D and product strategy, you'll be instrumental in driving patent activities primarily across our 3D scanner business area. The role offers unparalleled autonomy and immense opportunities to learn and grow as you will get acquainted with sophisticated hardware & software along with recent advances in machine learning and AI solutions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Expanding our patent portfolio by identifying innovative ideas and preparing them for drafting together with our inhouse patent attorneys,
- Strengthening our internal idea harvesting reach-out program and processes to support patent portfolio development,
- Collaborate closely with our product development project teams to gain a deep understanding of the project, and perform project related patent landscape studies,
- Collaborate closely together with the product strategy team to develop insights into the business area, market, and competitive landscape from a product perspective
- Conducting strategic surveillance of third-party patent publications
Although you'll be placed in our Patent Department organizationally, you'll spend substantial time with project teams in the development department.
We believe you can excel in this role as a trusted advisor if you:
- Possess a genuine passion for technology and see yourself thriving at the intersection of business, technology, and patent
- Hold at least a master degree in physics, optics, electrical/electronics engineering, software, or a related field
- Are highly structured, proactive, and action-oriented, with a natural curiosity to learn and a drive to deliver results
- Have great interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Preferably have prior exposure to patents (e.g. from a previous R&D position) or at least eager to learn about patents.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Working for 3Shape means that you will join one of the most exciting tech companies in the medical device industry and make a real impact. Moreover, we offer
- A vibrant and international environment with social, diverse, and highly skilled and cooperative colleagues - we are more than 40 nationalities in our DK based office
- An attractive healthcare package to keep you fit and well.
- Breakfast every day, and delicious and healthy lunch cooked by our private chefs.
- We provide a great social work environment with many optional activities and social clubs, ranging from wine & beer, board games, running to bicycle clubs.
- Good work/life balance e.g., work from home policy for up to 2 days per week.
- Attractive offices and R&D lab spaces in downtown Copenhagen close to Kgs. Nytorv, Nyhavn, and the Copenhagen Canals.
- Purpose: Help improve dental patients on a global scale.
Get in touch now!
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply already today. We will review the applications continuously.
We encourage all relevant applicants to apply. We are committed to celebrating human diversity, and we trust that the best way to reach outstanding business results, is by welcoming diverse people into our community.
3Shape started with a simple idea - to make 3D scanning better. First, we applied it to the hearing industry, then we succeeded in dentistry. Twenty years later, 3Shape has 2,000+ employees globally. With the help of dental professionals and amazing colleagues we’re creating award-winning scanning and CAD/CAM solutions to change dentistry together! Together, we contribute to a better world. Experience the everyday #lifeat3Shape across the globe on Facebook.
- Legal, IP & Sustainability
- DK - Copenhagen
DK - Copenhagen
Our biggest assets are our people and culture 💗
Life at 3Shape is great! We bring passion and talent to work every day to innovate for superior patient care. 3Shape is built on a culture of thinking differently and being innovative when solving challenges. We embrace new ways to exchange ideas with colleagues across departments and think and work in an agile way. Experience the everyday #lifeat3Shape across the globe on LinkedIn.
3Shape develops 3D scanners and software solutions that enable dental and hearing professionals to treat more people, more effectively and with superior care. We are a global market-leading provider of dental and audio technology for laboratories and clinics.
Our growing talent pool of over 2,000 employees spans 50+ nationalities and is energized by knowing that together, we contribute to a better world.
Two graduate students founded 3Shape in Denmark’s capital, Copenhagen in the year 2000. Today, 3Shape employees serve customers in over 100 countries. As a privately-owned company, decisions are made fast, and we remain agile.
3Shape is headquartered in Copenhagen, with development teams in Denmark, Ukraine and Macedonia with a production site in Poland. 3Shape is a global company with presence in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Join 3Shape as Patent Engineer!
Loading application form
Already working at 3Shape?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.