Group IT Department Manager
3Shape develops 3D scanners and software solutions that enable dental and hearing professionals to treat more people, more effectively. Our products are market leading innovative solutions that make a real difference in the lives of both patients and dental professionals around the world.
3Shape is headquartered in Copenhagen, with development teams in Denmark, Ukraine, North Macedonia and with a production site in Poland.
We are a global company with presence in Europe, Asia and the Americas. Founded in a year 2000, today, we serve customers in over 100 countries. Our growing talent pool of over 2000 employees spans 35+ nationalities .
3Shape as an employer is committed to Ukraine . Our UA office has a 16 year-old history, and we are continuing to grow, hire and take care of our employees even during the war in Ukraine. Among other actions, we support our employees who are called to the military service, as well as care about our employees’ mental health by implementing different supportive activities.
If you are looking for stability and confidence in your future, we are the right place for you.
We are seeking a Department Manager to lead our IT department in 3Shape Ukraine office which is an integrated part of Group IT global organization at 3Shape. As IT Department Manager, you will be the member of the Group IT Leadership Team as well as member of 3Shape Ukraine Management Team representing 10 other departments of 3Shape Ukraine. IT Department Manager of 3Shape Ukraine is reporting to Vice President Group IT of 3Shape, based in Copenhagen, Denmark, with the secondary reporting line to General Manager of 3Shape Ukraine, Kyiv.
The IT department in 3Shape Ukraine is newly arranged due to the internal company transformation to compile several functional areas of IT management, like Business Applications development, IT Operations (Service Desk), and BI. IT Department Manager is leading the department of 40+ people, is also people manager for Team Leaders of the teams. UA IT department is working closely with other offices of 3Shape Ukraine where Group IT is present, like Poland and Denmark. The daily work of IT Department Manager in 3Shape Ukraine is based on the matrix organization with functional and people management reporting lines.
We expect the successful candidate to take overall accountability for the department, to develop its structure, to contribute into building organizational and procedural practices of IT management. As the initial focus for the person in the role we foresee IT Department Manager to work closely with members of Group IT Leadership Team on aligning IT jobs and profiles across functions and countries, to help developing career paths of IT jobs, to align collaboration with external providers of Business Applications at the level of daily execution and providing efficiency, to support Team Leaders and to assist functional managers in establishing the best practices of IT management, Scrum, IT operations, etc.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional in IT management to build and develop our IT department of 3Shape Ukraine and thereby become a part of a big innovative and technological company which is a world leader in digital dentistry!
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Co-own delivery of IT department of 3Shape UA as part of the global IT delivery in close collaboration with Vice President Group IT of 3Shape and other stakeholders of Group IT Leadership Team
- Monitor overall team performance in frequent dialog and collaboration with IT management stakeholders, team leads and team members, act as crisis manager in case of necessity
- Implement the best practices of resource management and manpower control in the IT department of 3Shape UA (job profiles, career paths, competences, resource balance, hiring, firing, etc.)
- Implement organizational design changes required for the development of the department, creating and growing teams if necessary, setting leadership, setting reporting principles, etc.
- Implement the best practices of people management and leadership development within the department
- Contribute to the annual budgeting process and budgeting adjustments during the year as the local owner and representative of the local job market
- Collaborate and contribute to 3Shape UA Management Team by building trusted and supportive activities of Group IT for the benefit of all departments in 3Shape UA
- Create local ties for country matters & company local arrangements (assuring local company practices and processes of P&O, finance, legal, administrative nature are onboarded within the department) together with General Manager 3Shape UA & Department Managers
To succeed in your role, you should possess the following skills and competencies:
- Full time presence in Kyiv
- Fluent English
- Degree in computer science, project management or related field
- Experience of working in the international company within IT industry of Ukraine
- Experience as Director or Manager of IT department or similar role
- Experience of working in the matrix organization
- Profound experience in IT management area, focus on development of Business Applications is a plus
- Experience in managing various areas of IT, like Business Applications development, IT Operations, BI (possibly, to manage one but to interact with many)
- Advanced skills and knowledge in leadership and people management experience
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Strong drive and willingness to continuously improve and develop – personally and professionally
- Structured, process-oriented, and with impeccable attentive to detail
- Great communication and networking skills
Being the part of us means:
- Meaningful work that helps to change the future of dentistry
- Work in a unique professional, friendly and supportive environment
- Constant professional growth and development
- A healthy work-life balance
- Possibility of flexible remote work
- Comprehensive benefits incl. 24 working days of annual vacation; medical insurance; compensation of lunches; paid sick leaves and child sick leaves; maternity and paternity leaves etc
- Good working conditions in a comfortable office (not open space!) near National Technical University “KPI”
- A parking lot with free spaces for employees
- Occasional business trips to Western Europe
- Opportunity to become a part of the success that 3Shape has created over the past 22 years.
Want to join us and change the future of dentistry?
For more information, watch our corporate video youtu.be/38-_SfPBptw, visit our web-site: www.3shape.com or contact by email email@example.com.
Information about our open vacancies you can find here: www.3shape.com/...porate/Careers/#vacancies
You can follow us on social media :
UA - Kyiv
Our biggest assets are our people and culture 💗
Life at 3Shape is great! We bring passion and talent to work every day to innovate for superior patient care. 3Shape is built on a culture of thinking differently and being innovative when solving challenges. We embrace new ways to exchange ideas with colleagues across departments and think and work in an agile way. Experience the everyday #lifeat3Shape across the globe on LinkedIn.
3Shape develops 3D scanners and software solutions that enable dental and hearing professionals to treat more people, more effectively and with superior care. We are a global market-leading provider of dental and audio technology for laboratories and clinics.
Our growing talent pool of over 2,000 employees spans 50+ nationalities and is energized by knowing that together, we contribute to a better world.
Two graduate students founded 3Shape in Denmark’s capital, Copenhagen in the year 2000. Today, 3Shape employees serve customers in over 100 countries. As a privately-owned company, decisions are made fast, and we remain agile.
3Shape is headquartered in Copenhagen, with development teams in Denmark, Ukraine and Macedonia with a production site in Poland. 3Shape is a global company with presence in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Group IT Department Manager
Loading application form
Already working at 3Shape?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.