It all started with a simple idea of making 3D scanners better…….
Today 3Shape is considered one of the most influential companies of innovation in the dental industry
3Shape is in a strong position to lead the transformation of the industry to digital technology. 3Shape develops and sells 3D scanners and CAD/CAM software for the dental industry and has been called ‘Google of our industry’.
The company has seen high revenue and profit growth for the past many years and is investing in building a global infrastructure to continue the high growth. The UK office was established in 2017 in Reading, a hub for innovative and influential companies within pharma, IT and high-end MedTech companies.
Our extraordinary UK team consists of energetic 3Shape Specialists and is now looking to expand the team with a Training & Application Specialist. You will be reporting directly to the Country Manager, UK & Ireland and have a dotted line into the Global 3Shape Academy. You will largely work from the UK Head Office, so will be located within commutable distance.
About the position
The need for developing and cultivating our service and support organization is growing accordingly. We see this position as an important operational link to build up a closer partnership with our accounts supporting them in training activities that will drive their success in sales along with ensuring a best in class service to our customers and end users.
What are we looking for in a person for this role?
Apart from being tech savvy it is all about personality and mind-set and enjoying training other people to become masters of our products. In line with our values, we believe in empowering our people, hence you will work with self-driven colleagues with a ‘can do’ attitude, that enjoys managing the variety of tasks and that take responsibility of whatever is required in any situation to ensure customer satisfaction. We are looking for a colleague that easily can do the same.
Your responsibility is to provide training, consultancy, and guidance to 3Shape distributors and customers nationwide, facilitating the understanding and usage of the 3Shape Dental System laboratory software through classroom, webinars, and remote training initiatives. This means that you should be enthusiastic about travelling nationally and occasionally abroad when needed for bigger shows and conferences.
You will develop training courses and material, FAQs, and other learning content relating to the usage of 3Shape products.
You will play an important role in obtaining and conveying feedback and input from the market to 3Shape R&D.
- You must have a dental laboratory background, e.g. as a Clinical Dental Technician or Dental Technician. You have work experience which has given you extensive knowledge and insight in the work and needs of the clinics and laboratories.
- Ideally you have knowledge of 3Shape Dental System
- You may have experience in providing training of complex technical solutions.
- Generally, you have a natural appetite for new technologies and should you bring experience with dental CAD/CAM that would be ideal.
- You have a strong sense of responsibility and want to make a difference for the customer. You are committed to ensure that the daily use of 3Shape’s high-tech, market leading Dental System & TRIOS® system is successful for our customers. Using your communication skills, you can build up professional relations built on trust and respect.
- You thrive with detailed and creative tasks such as developing training materials and documentation as a subject matter expert.
- You are a strong communicator and possess the ability to make even complex topics sound simple.
- You are positive, with a constructive and highly service minded attitude.
- You display empathy and have good intercultural skills.
- Full UK driver’s license is required.
If you find this job exciting, we look forward to receiving your application together with your cover letter together with relevant attachments.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We encourage all relevant applicants to apply. We are committed to celebrating human diversity, and we trust that the best way to reach outstanding business results, is by welcoming diverse people into our community.
3Shape started with a simple idea - to make 3D scanning better. First, we applied it to the hearing industry, then we succeeded in dentistry. Twenty years later, 3Shape has 2,000+ employees globally. With the help of dental professionals and amazing colleagues we’re creating award-winning scanning and CAD/CAM solutions to change dentistry together! Together, we contribute to a better world. Experience the everyday #lifeat3Shape across the globe on Facebook.