3Shape is a Danish hi-tech company that creates 3D scanning and software solutions for healthcare industry, such as hearing and dental aid production, where we have a global leading position for more than 20 years.
3Shape is headquartered in Copenhagen, with development teams in Denmark and Ukraine and with a production site in Poland. We are global company with representation offices in Europe, Asia and the Americas. Founded in a year 2000, today, 3Shape serves customers in over 100 countries.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to work in our Kyiv office. You will be part of a growing team that is developing a platform to enable digital dentistry and offer better treatments to patients. The team is located in Kyiv, Denmark and the United States.
Your primary responsibility will be developing and maintaining several applications within the medical/dental space. You will be part of developing the server-side logic and building new API layers. You would coordinate closely with the client-side development teams and other stakeholders.
- Build/service existing applications using Ruby on Rails
- Build and architect RESTful API’s
- Maintain and grow a GraphQL API
- Integrate with external services and writing custom libraries
- Test and optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Build micro service applications using Ruby
How you’ll be doing this:
- Understand the structure of existing applications and how to work with them
- Interact regularly with other members of our team
- Use build tools to deliver across platforms
- Review commits/work of other team members
We are looking for a competent back-end developer with profound experience in development of web solutions. You must have solid understanding of Ruby on Rails or similar technology.
As a person, you are:
- A talented developer, passionate about quality and delivering world class solutions
- Focused on finding customer-friendly solutions to sometimes complex challenges
- Up-to-date with the latest trends in web technologies
- Keen on measuring and improving performance
- Have at least two years of experience in back-end development
You should have experience in the following fields:
- Experience working with Git
- Strong understanding of Rails, including key differences between various versions
- Familiarity with AWS
- Has experience with application build, debug, unit test, and deployment automation
- Understands RESTful APIs, OAuth integrations, API security
- Strong relational database skills, experience with PostgreSQL or MySQL preferred
- Experience building large scale React Apps
- HIPAA/GDPR knowledge/best practices
We also want you to:
- Have a good command of spoken and written English
- Be responsible, flexible and solution oriented
- Be motivated in self-development within a team of dedicated professionals
- Participation in producing market-leading technology products for customers around the world
- Work in a unique professional, friendly and supportive environment
- Constant professional growth and development
- Occasional business trips to Western Europe
- Competitive salary level
- Good working conditions in a comfortable office (not open space!) near National Technical University “KPI”
- 39 working hours per week within flexible time-frame from 8:00 till 20:00
- Possibility of partially remote work
- A parking lot with free spaces for employees
- A healthy work-life balance
- Annual paid vacation (24 working days)
- Paid sick leaves and a child sick leaves
- Maternity and paternity leaves
- Medical insurance (incl. massage in the office).
- English classes with a native speaker
- Compensation of lunches
- Regular company events
- Opportunity to become a part of the success that 3Shape has created over the past 20 years
We will be glad to welcome you in our team!
For more information, visit our web-site: www.3shape.com or contact HR department via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can follow us on social media: