3Shape is a global technology company with a headquarters in Copenhagen. We are market leaders within digital dentistry where our 3D scanners and software solutions already today are improving patient care, treatment quality and efficiency around the world.
About the position
We are looking for an Enterprise Architect with infrastructure and IT operations focus to join our team of Enterprise Architects. The team has 5 experienced colleagues with various expertise areas all located in 3Shape office in Copenhagen.
With the offset in a recently defined cross-company IT-strategy you and a newly hired project manager will be driving the transformation to establish the future infrastructure setup on Azure and on-prem/other hosting platforms. Your primary focus will be on standardizing and migrating customer-facing applications from multiple sources into the future setup supported by a newly established Global Ops team.
We are currently on an exciting transformation path to Operational maturity to support continuous growth of 3Shape and need somebody to define best practices for our cloud and hosting setup across multiple hosting platforms. In this role, you will identify and analyse internal business requirements to integrate hardware, storage, operating systems, and connectivity solutions. You will also create and maintain standards and patterns development used within the infrastructure technology space. You will partner with CI/CD DevOps architects, software developers, systems engineers, and operation support teams to provide design guidelines, impart knowledge on technical trends and serve as a Subject Matter Expert on systems configuration and integration, capacity planning, performance analysis and optimization.
What you will do
- Participate in the implementation of the new IT Strategy at 3Shape
- Develop strategies, roadmaps, standards and reference architectures as guidelines for infrastructure/development teams and other stakeholders – defining the future cloud and hosting setup
- Provide technical guidance for migration of internal applications to the new setup
- Define appropriate level of operational support for various services in close collaboration with R&D and application owners
- Leverage industry standards to guide solution decisions in relation to reliability and security ensuring scalable infrastructure across the enterprise
- Ensure solutions are aligned with the overall architectural decisions and common technical standards in the enterprise across departments and projects
- Provide technical assistance with the most challenging issues that span multiple systems, or show recurring trends
- Keep up with the latest industry trends and use your expertise to deliver solutions that meet 3Shape needs
- Support cost optimization of cloud and hosting solutions
- Work with Senior IT and R&D managers to define the strategic roadmap for Cloud & Hosting in 3Shape
You are highly structured and well-organized. You have a positive, can-do attitude and are good at building relations. You are a great communicator, who works easily with English as our corporate language and across nationalities and cultures. You have strong communication skills and the ability to engage with various stakeholders both from IT and business units fostering collaboration and establishing strong partnerships and relationships
In addition, you match most of these points:
- 10+ years of progressively more responsible work experience in a technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience with solution/enterprise architecture with an IT operations or/and infrastructure focus
- Experience with transition management (ideally you have been involved in a cloud migration or IT operations insourcing/outsourcing)
- Experience with architectural modelling and tools
- Solid understanding of cloud computing, including various cloud deployment models, cloud service model, and cloud deployment architectures
- Experience with servers, infrastructure, platform sizing, infrastructure cost optimization
- Experience with global cloud solution setups including highly regulated regions such as China is ideal, but not a must
For the right candidate, this position is an excellent career opportunity in a fast-growing company, with great possibilities to influence its long-term commercial direction and success.
Life at 3Shape
3Shape started with a simple idea - to make 3D scanning better. First, we applied it to the hearing industry, then we succeeded in dentistry. Now, twenty years later, 3Shape is 2000+ employees globally. With the help of dental professionals and amazing colleagues we’re creating award-winning scanning and CAD/CAM solutions to change dentistry together! Together, we contribute to a better world.
Working for 3Shape means that you will experience:
Attractive office location in central Copenhagen, Kongens Nytorv.
Healthcare package through our pension provider
Delicious and diverse full lunch cooked by our excellent chefs-team.
A vibrant and international environment with social, diverse, and highly skilled colleagues - we are more than 30 nationalities.
Good social environment with plenty events and social clubs.
How to apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply already today by clicking on "Apply" and uploading your motivational cover letter and resume. We will review the applications continuously. If you have any questions, please contact Lasse Lerkenfeld Jensen (Director, Enterprise Architecture).
We encourage all relevant applicants to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity and the selection is based on job-related factors.