Join our mission to digitalize dentistry and help improve people’s lives?
Dentistry is currently undergoing digitalization. 3D scanning, advanced image processing and 3D printing changing dentistry. At 3Shape, we have been part of disrupting the market with our technology since the beginning of 2000, and we have only just begun. Our game is to continue to innovate in dentistry on a global scale by improving treatment and diagnostics for dental patients through our innovative software and 3D scanners for the dental professionals everywhere. Let´s change dentistry together!
About the position - we are looking for additional SW Architects to 3Shape
As a software architect in 3Shape you will play a key role in delivering high-quality solutions to our end-users and improve patient care around the world in the years to come. You will be the technical lead for your team and will be responsible for the system architecture and application design. In close collaboration with the Project Manager and Product Owner you have the delivery responsibility of the Product.
In 3Shape Software Architects not only have the overview and the ability to abstract from the underlying technical complexity but is very much involved in the hands-on coding of features and the best practice decisions for the team.
We expect you to be the technical lighthouse for your team and a chance to be part of our Software Architecture Group, which drives the technology stack regarding software development in 3Shape R&D.
You will be a part of a highly professional software development organization with 300 colleagues across three countries headquartered in Copenhagen. You will work in an agile team, typically with 5-10 colleagues, and collaborate closely with developers, project managers and product owners.
- Investigate: Get new initiatives off to a great start by working closely with developers, UX’ers, Product- and Project Managers from the team. This phase often implies prototyping a technical solution to learn and reduce risk.
- Build: Support the team with design and code reviews and iterate on the architecture when needed. You will also write code yourself.
- Improve: Mentor developers and help drive improvements of tools and development processes to improve quality and flow. Occasionally join temporary, cross-organizational task forces to tackle really though problems or opportunities.
- Transform: Help to keep technical debt in check and define and nurture a technology roadmap.
- Align: Engage with stakeholders both inside and outside the team. There is also the chance to join 3Shape’s Software Architecture group which aligns on company-wide architecture and runs workshops and tech talks.
We are using technologies and tools like C#, .NET, Visual Studio, TeamCity, Jenkins, and GitHub. Besides the colleagues on the team, you will have close collaboration with other software teams.
We are looking for a new colleague that matches these points:
- Solid theoretical foundation from a degree in computer science, engineering, IT or similar
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Software Architect or lead developer on the .NET platform
- Taking ownership, seeing the big picture, and having a pragmatic approach
- Has a natural curiosity towards technology advancements and keeps oneself updated in the .NET sphere
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and fluent in written and spoken English
Life at 3Shape
In R&D, we are proud of our empowered culture where you can be sure to meet highly skilled, educated, and diverse teammates. We invest heavily in R&D, so you will be working with cutting-edge-technology in an agile, fast-paced, and young environment. Our R&D incorporates a full technology stack, which could take you anywhere within software, hardware, project management and other specialist roles, thus, providing the optimal platform for career development and opportunities.
Working for 3Shape means that you will experience:
- A vibrant, young, and informal working environment with diverse, and highly skilled, and supportive colleagues with “fun” as a core value
- Empowerment and entrepreneurial thinking: we believe the best results are achieved by empowering our people and teams
- Cutting edge technology in a true R&D focused company with amazing tech stack
- Sparring, coaching, feedback, and a personal development plan to pace your career development and to sharpen your toolbox
- An attractive work location in downtown Copenhagen with more than 30 nationalities
- Breakfast every day and fresh lunch cooked by our resident chef in our new canteen
- Great social work environment with many optional activities and employee clubs, ranging from wine tasting, board games to bicycle clubs and scuba diving
- Flexible working e.g., possibility to work remotely up to 2 days a week
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this exciting opportunity at one of Denmark’s most successful and innovative high-tech companies, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to submit your CV. We welcome global applicants that are willing to relocate.
We encourage all relevant applicants to apply. We are committed to celebrating human diversity, and we trust that the best way to reach outstanding business results, is by welcoming diverse people into our community.
3Shape started with a simple idea - to make 3D scanning better. First, we applied it to the hearing industry, then we succeeded in dentistry. Now, twenty years later, 3Shape is 1,700+ employees globally. With the help of dental professionals and amazing colleagues we’re creating award-winning scanning and CAD/CAM solutions to change dentistry together! Together, we contribute to a better world. Experience the everyday #lifeat3Shape across the globe on Facebook.